WE STRIVE TO PROVIDE OUR COLLABORATING ARTISTS WITH AN INTERNATIONAL PLATFORM, NOT ONLY THROUGH FASHION BUT ALSO THROUGH ART SALES
This opportunity has been created by Rhumaa and our art partner ‘Art it is’ to help build additional revenue streams for all collaborating artists and with hope that they can further amplify their dreams to succeed with the exceptional talents they nurture.
ART IT IS is a South African contemporary art gallery situated in the two main cities of South Africa, Johanesburg and Cape Town.
With spirit and passion ART IT IS remains determined to provide a platform for new artists to launch their careers by showcasing their work alongside the more established artists in the industry.
Targeting a vast population of art lovers world-wide, ART IT IS opens doors as both a gallery and a venue merging the concept of exhibition with events, further extending the artists reach.
SIZWE KHOZA - VARIOUS WORKS
Sizwe Khoza was born in Mozambique and moved to South Africa in 1995.
He matriculated in 2010 from Nkumbulo Comprehensive School and attended Saturday classes at Artist Proof Studio. Khoza graduated from Artist Proof Studio 2012 and was one of the top students in his class.
Growing up knowing that you have a father and knowing where he is but not having him in your life, has made me feel a big gap in my life, and has also made me realize that woman- our mothers, grandmothers and sisters are the queens and they should be crowned and respected as such.
THE SEDGEFIELD COLLECTION
Our recent fashion collection print is by artist Holmes Jansen; a young energetic South African with a passion for art since the age of six.
The print used for our ‘Township Soul’ collection was inspired by an artwork that was from a larger assortment called the “Sedgefield collection”.
This is comprised of 40 acrylic illustrations depicting the lifestyle of people living in a small town called Sedgefield, South Africa. Holmes grew up in this diverse community, which inspired him to capture the lifestyles of his community on canvas.
The story is a very simple one, steeped in every day life. The characters display a sense of community and unity.
Terms of sale
- All artwork is sold via the galleries representing our artists in South Africa.
- The original cost of the artworks are represented
- Sold art will be sold and managed by the art galleries representing artists in South Africa or associated art partners.
- Galleries are entitled to include a shipping and handling fee for all international purchases.
- All artworks sold by partnering galleries are original artwork by our artists
- Rhumaa bears no responsibility for purchases made direct with Art Galleries inside South Africa but can vogue for the professional status of each partner represented here.